Thursday, May 29, 2008

Recovery period!

I JUST LOST AN ENTIRE BLOG POST THAT I JUST SPENT THE LAST 1/2 HR WRITING!!!

Hopefully, writing it in bold & all caps will be the same as pulling my hair out – OH NOOO! I can’t do that anymore, and Lord heavens, I wouldn’t curse my pretty round head J.

So, you get a condensed version – I know exactly what you’re saying…woohoooo!

2 cycles down as of last week, 3rd cycle next week. The last one was rough. I think I mostly slept through the last 3 days of the last cycle. After 30hrs of chemo in a week, it’s bound to take its toll on you! There is a daily ranking done by the Mina-meter that assesses the QOL, and for the most part since the end of last cycle, it’s averaged at about an 8/10. The higher the #, the better the day! The good days are like vacation (with a grain of salt, only so much vacation being home bound), and they’re vacation only because of my family’s support! The bad days, well…U CAN’T ESCAPE THE DIAGNOSIS! And on these days, somehow, Mr. Optimism who has become my best friend (well him & Mr. Humor duke it out on who gets to spend precious time with me)…they both get scared & hide out – scary cats!

I thought this blog would be a good way to keep in touch. I truly appreciate all the prayers, calls, well-wishes, gifts, time, scrapbooks, quotes, cooking, etc…I’m grateful! And for all who’re praying for me, know that they’re working great, and that I say a special prayer for all those who’re praying for me at prime time! Your calls are welcomed. You can also email or txt me a hello – I’m typically quicker with these in responding. I may not pick up your calls, but please leave me a vm, I listen to them with a smile even though I may not get around to returning your call in a decent timeframe. And, no question is dum, but some of them sure are funny. Maybe in the next couple posts, I’ve publish the top 10 Funniest Questions asked to Amynah! – keep ur thirst going…

I’m working on getting some pics up soon – actually, they’ll be up when I quit procrastinating! So for those of you who'd like to know a lil more about what I have:

1. Quite a rare find – One in a million…WHICH MEANS…I can now play the lottery!!!
2. It’s a pediatric malignancy…WHICH MEANS…yes, I never grew up – now you have proof of it!
3. In 90% of the cases, it’s a translocation b/w chromosome 22 & 11 that leads to protein malfunction of apoptosis in these somatic cells…BADABING – BADABOOM, “YOU HAVE A MALIGNANCY”…actually, it’s not as simple as this, but if you would like to converse on the gene expression & protein malfunction of the particular deletions of the codons, lemme know & we can have a lil biochemistry session!!!

That’s all folks…it didn’t end up being short did it…ha ha ha

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I really want to see your bald head. Its been umm...roughly 26 years since I last saw it ;) So quit procrastinating and post those pictures.

Humor aside...we all wish you speedy recovery.

Aziz

Amin said...

Really glad to see this blog...yaay! i know we have been playing phone tag...i will call ya soon...

Unknown said...

I think this blog is a great idea! Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Looking forward to hanging out next weekend. Till then, stay strong!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing the blog, I am glad your spirits are high.
Bald is in, don't you know!
God Bless, take care

Amynah said...

AM,
Thanks for making me a year younger, but to see what you saw 27 years ago, you would need to either come to ATL to see it OR wait until the wedding! No fun if it aint LIVE!