Saturday, June 21, 2008

Top Interesting Questions

Time is here to have some fun with the Top 6 “Interesting Questions”!!!
Ya’ll disappointed me by stopping at 6…I’ll await the remaining 4 ?s.
This was actually written before this last chemo, but never got out, so you’ll get another post soon (with pics I hope this time!)

1. (hesitatingly asking) So, can she talk?
My thoughts: Funny you ask, because I’ve become a mime after chemo started, and I only answer in “uh-huhs” & “uh-umms”

2. "Her hair grew back so quickly!”
My thoughts: I owe it to Noni juice…tastes great, less filling!!!
This was quite a recent comment when I wore my long wig (2 weeks after I had worn my short one). I’m soooooooooo going to have fun with people between my short & long hair, & between black, highlighted, brunette, & blond!

3. Here, the question is not funny, but the response is (asked to a family member about my status) How’s she doing?
My thoughts: (You have to have seen “I am Legend” with Will Smith to truly get this one).
“On her chemo days when someone enters her room, she will sniff around & ask, “do I smell human flesh?” And then, she’ll start throwing things at you & bite you if you come close to her.
This one’s my favorite…as part of the sequel to “The Legend Continues…”

4. Are you bedridden with feeding tubes coming out of you?
My thoughts: Not anymore, I threw them at people entering my room…see #3 for more clarification.

5. Kaise dhande karti hai (What the heck did you do?)
My thoughts: Found it on sale so I thought I’d try it out…didn’t know it’d turn out to be cancer. Return policy expired…darn!

6. “You’re having too much fun.”
As what…a cancer patient? This one I actually resent. I didn’t realize there was a way oncology patients were supposed to act… I’m sorry, but it’s my first time having cancer, I don’t know how to act like a pro, so I choose to just LIVE like ME!

I have learned to enjoy everyday of my life & to live it to the fullest (which isn’t much for some days - depending on when it falls in the chemo cycle). Sad that it took cancer to teach me, but most of us learn after a life-changing event anyways! And I aint dum, so I learn quickly J.

And the next time, anyone chooses to tell me that I’m having too much fun (as a cancer pt), I’ll offer them a ‘chapait’ with that (chapait is not found in the dictionary, it’s a word developed by Hinu-Zee-Mina with a lil French & Punjabi!)

4 comments:

Ozzie said...

You know you put a smile on my face whenever I read your blog. You got killer writing skills and a great sense of humor. It's a great way to face this situation of your life.

I am glad you didn't make it to top 10 funny questions, instead got only 6. Actually, "How are you" question does not count, so thats 5. Keep'em coming. It makes my day.

You said you have learned to enjoy everyday of your life... I disagree. I think you have been a master example of how to live life to the fullest all your life. You are a nice person, very smart and very beautiful, and with a great sense of humor.

Stay strong! And have fun with your hair thing out in the public. ;-)

Love,
Aaryan, Naureen and Azmat

Amynah said...

Thanks for your kind words...glad you'll are enjoying the blog :-)

Unknown said...

As mentioned in the first comment, you are an amazing person great with words, wonderful sense of humor, there is no way this detour in your life is going to be able to stop you.
Take care, absolutely enjoy reading your blogs
see you soon in your blonde wig
Love
Al-Rose

Anonymous said...

haha! Now I am getting similar lines and I need your help with comebacks! :)

Remedy: Look in the mirror and talk to yourself :)

~no herbal remedies ;)