Who would've thought that the title 'rightfully' earned in first year undergrad of being "Sleeping Beauty" would become meaningless now.
In Ramadhan, can 'Iftari', the sunset meal for breaking of the fast, also be considered as a "break-fast"? If so, does one eat 2 breakfasts?
I awoke to a dream earlier tonight about work, in particular was with a few doctors that I worked with. Let's go back to work...chemo is only so pleasant, BUT medicine, now that's a good hobby to practice (no pun intended).
I've found a great teacher in my doc, who teaches me the art of medicine often. If only he were a cardiologist, I'd love to work with him. His office staff has mapped out post-tx career for me as an oncology PA with them...wow, I didn't know one could land a job as a patient...lol! Being an oncology patient is really a special experience; being an oncology clinician is even more. I'm only as special as to wear the patient hat. I say leave the clinician hat with the pros!
But cardiology is still the most interesting, maybe not as special, but still interesting!!!
Why is it that:
I think about knitting when my hands are blistered
I can paint, but have no desire to
I want to watch something on tv when my eyes burn, but get tired of tv at other times
I clean when I don't have much time, but only think about it when I have lots of time
I have great thoughts to put in my diary when it's not near me, but have a writer's block when it is near me...
This reminds me of Alanis Morissette's song,
"It's like rain on your wedding day
It's a free ride when you've already paid
It's some advice that you just didn't take
But who would've thought, it figures
Isn't it ironic, don't you think
A lil too ironic, yeah I really do think....
Writing can be very therapeutic, along with thinking. If only most of us would do a little bit of thinking, we'd live in a happier society.
Now, can I really go back to sleep after being stimulated by the light of my laptop? Who knows, but I'll go try something else now, and when I find the remedy of falling asleep without meds (since I'm quite stubborn about not wanting to take many useless meds), I'll share the secret!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment