Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A Strong Woman vs. Woman of Strength...

I know I haven’t kept up with my replies for the “Cancer Angel” but I’m skipping ahead and to share a beautiful poem that was in one of the messages I received in that book. It’s a poem called

“A Strong Woman vs. A Woman of Strength”

A strong woman works out everyday to keep her body in shape
But A woman of strength kneels in prayer to keep her soul in shape

A strong woman isn’t afraid of anything
But A woman of strength shows courage in the midst of her fear

A strong woman won’t let anyone get the best of her
But A woman of strength gives the bet of her to everyone

A strong woman makes mistakes and avoids the same in the future
But A woman of strength realizes life’s mistakes can also be God’s blessings & capitalizes on them

A strong woman walks sure footedly
But A woman of strength knows God will catch her when she falls

A strong woman wears the look of confidence on her face
But A woman of strength wears grace

A strong woman has faith that she is strong enough for the journey
But A woman of strength has faith that it is in the journey that she will become strong

~Luke Easter & Dee Cheeks

Anisa – this was one of my favorite messages as I read this page quite often to remind me of my journey. Many say that I’m a strong woman, but your compliment of being a woman of strength means much more & I truly wish to aspire to do justice to the honor you’ve given me.

No comments: