Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Chemo & Surgery Updates

It’s been a while…I sit here in my 7th cycle of chemotherapy, & the one thing that keeps me going for this cycle is that after this one, I get 8 weeks of freedom from chemo….yippeeee!!! Who knows I may have a little fuzz growing on my head by the end of it, but knowing me, I’ll get rid of it for the sake of the baldie.

In the 8 weeks, there’s some fun & excitement - between the wedding (late Aug) and surgery (mid September), time will definitely fly quickly. Surgery will be in NYC!!! Excited about the city, not the surgery. I’ll be up there for a good while, but before I leave for NY, I would’ve detoxed enough to enjoy normal activities. Looking forward to the friends who’re planning on coming up to visit while I recover from surgery – thank you to those in advance! I’m really looking forward to my private flight around Lady Liberty – thanks Azim for arranging for this!

For those who’ve donated blood – I know I speak on behalf of all those who require blood, that your generosity is greatly appreciated. I hope you benefited from the satisfaction as well.

Today was a long day, but only another hour left now. It’s been uneventful – just the way we like it.

No comments: