I had a dream…I was dancing…I woke up & have been in a state of bliss since!
This last week was full of action, and in my world, that’s not a good term to embrace. But the best part is the week’s over, I’m able to walk without pretending like I have the Late Gandhi’s stick in my hand (see below), and I’m even dancing. Ok, so I’m only dancing in my dreams, but as a previous blog proves, dreams do come true, and we do have a wedding coming up in the family, and so I will be dancing!
So this past week, I had my 6th chemo, and as I’ve told a few of you, if I had a common cancer, this would’ve been my last cycle, but one can only expect extraordinary treatments for extraordinary people, and I am convinced that because I have to go through this now, I will have lifetime 100% remission. And also on the bright side of this cancer (if there is one) is that my siblings & my kids will not be at any higher risk because it’s not a genetically predisposed malignancy. Now THIS is called taking one for the team!
I usually start acting up the day after chemo, but this time things were a bit different, and during the earlier part of the week I became quite weak. And for the first time, my head & my face did not look symmetrical with the sunken cheeks – almost looked like my head was larger than it needed to be (which I’m sure some of you ‘mistakenly’ may have said even before me becoming bald!). My skin, especially at the periphery like hands & feet, were really dark, and I walked with a slight hunchback, and my arms would automatically assume the position of carrying a pretend walking stick. And I mostly wore capris this week since it’s been pretty hot, but had my light shawl draped over me for moments of shivering. So, long story short, I looked & walked like Gandhi. So even in the moments of despair, there is still hope for me in that I too may do some good work for the world! Perhaps a stretch, but everyone’s allowed to dream in this blog. Maybe from now on, I’ll pick a world renowned personality to imitate during my chemo weeks…how fun!
I sometimes feel like Carrie Bradshaw from Sex & the City as she writes her column & I write my blog. I wonder when writers write randomly, if they do so to entertain themselves or others? Because I’m thoroughly entertained when I read my blog as I know some of you are too, but I’m not a professional writer, at least not yet!
Oh, after my transfusion makeover, I did get a real MAC makeover – thank you Rozmin! Even though Sameer said I looked like a monster, everybody else thought I looked ravishing, especially with ‘em bold eyes! The makeover was particularly to find matching colors for the wedding attire & Rozmin gave the makeup artist specific instructions on making me look drop dead gorgeous, but then we recalled the ‘drop dead’ part…just didn’t want to overdo anything!
Tis the weekend, which means visitors…and the sun’s about to shine over the porch where I sit on the swing to write this. Time to go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yeah, you really took it for the team! I am glad to hear that it is not genetically predisposed malignancy. Feeling in the state of bliss is awesome! But I understand that pain behind that. Keep dancing even if requires you to dream on...
Love always,
Azmat
Post a Comment