Monday, July 14, 2008

New Makeover

I think I just got a very expensive makeover. Tis’ no MAC makeover baby, but yet it transformed the pale white lips, colorless cheeks, and pale sunken eyes with pink lips, rosy cheeks, and a natural eye shadow! A lil longer than the usual makeover, took 2 days…who would’ve thought that 2 units of blood could work such magic! Which brings me to the previous blog post about donating blood in times of critical shortages. Someone or more like 2 people provided the best natural makeover I’ve ever had, not just for my face but also my energy level…so give someone a makeover and DONATE BLOOD!!!

Today’s post is a bit different. It’s actually a response to a VERY thoughtful gift that I received yesterday in the form of a message book. I’ll have to come up with a name for this book…hmmm, perhaps “Cancer Addiction” since I’m already quite addicted to it in the little time that I’ve had it! OR, maybe “Cancer Angel” since the front cover says “Angel”. But before I begin to individually respond to a plethora (oh, so happy I could slide my favorite word here) of messages received so far, I would like to thank all those who participated, family & friends, students & teachers, and those whose messages are in process of delivery. And SPECIAL thanks to the 3 wonderful ladies who put this (expensive) project together…expensive because some of those who participated are still waiting for their paychecks for writing such nice words…and those ladies are Heena, Zahra, & Laila, muah!

I’ve also decided to open the blog up without requiring an invitation or login. I’ve come to the realization that it is beyond my knowledge of how many people are sincerely concerned & praying for me & the family, many of whom have shared their thoughts & still a few who seem a bit uncomfortable to bring up the topic, not knowing if they would be intruding on my privacy. Let me assure you, the fire hath spread long ago - ain’t nuttin bout this story clandestine! The blog was always supposed to serve as my voice & to stay connected with those who care to know.

I’ve had several people ask me for reminder emails sent to them with each blog post. Unfortunately, I can have only 10 people receive these reminder emails. Sorry, you’ll just have to check it yourself cuz 10 are full! Feel free to send the blog address to others who ask, especially those who sent messages for the book.

BTW, I really appreciate the hand-written messages, but some of you have really bad handwriting. And some of you have some grammatical mistakes that you need to work on! I’ll start responding to individual messages later…stay posted!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Meena,

I’ll admit I don’t look for your blog updates every day so when I get to it, it is usually old news so a reminder would be a nice feature. Too bad I am not on your top 10 list :) Now before you pass any smart comment, let me assure you that I am very updated on your condition either through my mom or your dad…so think before you accuse me of not caring :)

Some comments about your previous post…yes, I am too lazy to go to the comments section of that post.

You mentioned virtual rubs…well, how about I virtually shave my head and stand by you for a picture? After all two (egg)heads are better than one. Any Photoshop gurus out there?

I bet if Amit would shave his head, people won’t be able to differentiate between you two. Actually he should for family solidarity…but again I don’t blame him since his big day is just around the corner.

That’s enough from me now. We all pray for your speedy recovery and looking forward to see you next month. Hopefully cancer cleansed :)

Amin said...

Wow I get two shout-outs...I am the one with the bad hand-writing and the grammatical errors!!!